About Me

I live in Tasmania with my husband of 40 years and have a daughter in Melbourne and a son in Launceston. My interests are quilting, theatre, reading, gardening, travel. I work as a chartered accountant.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Freycinet

Yesterday (Friday) I went to a Management Retreat at Freycinet for work. It was too nice a day to be sitting inside working but I did manage to get this snap looking across from the lodge towards Coles Bay on one of our breaks.











This morning one of the other girls and I got up early and braved the showers to walk up to the Wine Glass Bay Lookout. First we had to clear the track of a tree which had blown down overnight.








We also caught a glimpse of this rainbow through the bush.












I love the way the stripped bark has left these trees.














They had built a new track since I was there 4 years ago, and have used the local stone which comes in beautiful colours.












This rock is typical of the structure of the Hazards.











And we finally reached the lookout - the sun came out at the right moment and it was worth the climb.

No comments: