About Me

I live in Tasmania with my husband of 40 years and have a daughter in Melbourne and a son in Launceston. My interests are quilting, theatre, reading, gardening, travel. I work as a chartered accountant.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Bits and Pieces

This is a little patch of our front garden - it shows that the theory of cutting back the flowers on a petunia plant lets it spread and produce more flowers. The trouble is all this has been done by nature - no I haven't cut back the flowers, although it certainly looks like they've been attacked with the scissors. The culprit is this little brute who lives in the front garden next door and some mornings there are some beautiful flowers but, alas, they disappear overnight! We had to put high gates either side of our house so at least we get some flowers in the back yard.










And I started and finished this quilt during 2007 - in one of my earlier posts there is a photo of the fabric I had chosen for this quilt. It is rather large so a bit difficult to get a good photo - it was machine quilted by Pam Jarman in Burnie and it looks really lovely on our bed.

No comments: