About Me

I live in Tasmania with my husband of 40 years and have a daughter in Melbourne and a son in Launceston. My interests are quilting, theatre, reading, gardening, travel. I work as a chartered accountant.

Friday, May 4, 2007

Bernkastel

The first town we visited on the Mosel was Bernkastel on 14 April. I discovered that the Germans have a very quirky sense of humour and seem to show it in their statues - this one was all about a doctor who took ill but he was looked after in the local castle by drinking the local wine continuously - what a way to go - this part of the statue depicts part of the story.





I think this was the oldest house in the town - they are all so cute.










And this is the door to the storage for the vineyard towards the back of the small town - the vineyard is below.




















And this is the castle - I did climb the tower and took some photos - see the next entry.

No comments: