About Me

I live in Tasmania with my husband of 40 years and have a daughter in Melbourne and a son in Launceston. My interests are quilting, theatre, reading, gardening, travel. I work as a chartered accountant.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Europe Holiday 2008 Part 10 Venice

Saturday we travelled by train from Slovenia to Venice - Ah Venice - the place where we must return and stay in the city to experience the uniqueness of it. We joined our ship, The Zuiderdam, which was a little out of the way to make quick dashes into the city. However on the Sunday we did a tour which included the Doge's Palace. The courtyard and other images are seen here.

And this is the Gold Staircase.

We walked across the Bridge of Sighs where prisoners were taken to their cells from the Doge's Palaceand I managed this quick snap looking through a small opening.The Bridge of Sighs from another bridge.We then moved to St Mark's square - St Mark's Church and other buildings taken from the square.Wayne and I then took a quick walk to the Rialto Bridge and I managed these photos from other bridges on the way.
Gondoliers are not the only form of transport - this is a rather up market water taxi which I believe is recognised in the cost!
That evening we waited our turn to sail between the Islands of Venice - here is another cruise ship on their way.

St Mark's Square and the Doge's Palace from our ship.
Other buildings and islands taken while we relaxed with a drink.

































No comments: