About Me

I live in Tasmania with my husband of 40 years and have a daughter in Melbourne and a son in Launceston. My interests are quilting, theatre, reading, gardening, travel. I work as a chartered accountant.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Europe Holiday 2008 Part 4

On our way to dinner I was amused to see this wreath sitting on the car which was still there when we returned - did it signify the death of the car or the end of a relationship? There is a story there!





Saturday morning and we strolled through the Hofburg Gardens on our walk to the Opera House to catch the On Off Bus.













We then went our separate ways - Wayne stopped at the Military Museum and I went back to the city where I managed to find my way around quite successfully including visiting a couple of art exhibitions!
On the way we passed the famous building which houses the Vienna Philarmonic.

I strolled back past the Palace and Library - it would have been lovely to have a ride in one of the carriages.

Another of the lovely statues which abound in Vienna.

No comments: