About Me

I live in Tasmania with my husband of 40 years and have a daughter in Melbourne and a son in Launceston. My interests are quilting, theatre, reading, gardening, travel. I work as a chartered accountant.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

European Holiday 2008 Part 2

When travelling through Europe I find you are always looking up at the amazing buildings. It does make me look up at some of our local buildings and I keep discovering how beautiful they are!






This is the Rathaus of Vienna - I love that name - it is the Council building - I think all Local Council buildings could be called Rat Houses.










And next to the Rathaus is the Austrian Parliament House - a beautiful building built in the Greek style - you could almost be back in Athens.











This large statue is in the Museum precinct.







And this is an eminent Austrian gentleman preserved in bronze!

And these were taken on our first morning walk into the city!

No comments: