About Me

I live in Tasmania with my husband of 40 years and have a daughter in Melbourne and a son in Launceston. My interests are quilting, theatre, reading, gardening, travel. I work as a chartered accountant.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Katakolon

Our first port of call was Katakolon in the Peleponese part of Greece. We have been here before but previously we went to Olympia. This time we had a ride in a little train out to another village and then had a lovely lunch.

We saw some spectacular sunrises at see and this was taken from the back of the ship on arrival at Katakolon.
We had lunch at this restaurant - delicious grilled sardines - they were so luscious we had eaten them before I thought of taking a photo!



And this small fishing boat was moored right at our table - we did watch the fisherman catch some fish whilst enjoying a beer. We were having the beer not him.

A Greek Orthodox church on the hillside at Katakolon.



No comments: