About Me

I live in Tasmania with my husband of 40 years and have a daughter in Melbourne and a son in Launceston. My interests are quilting, theatre, reading, gardening, travel. I work as a chartered accountant.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Melaka

On Saturday we travelled down to Melaka for a couple of nights. Our hotel looked over KG Morten which is a typical Malaysian village. We did a cruise on this river - was a bit smelly!

Whilst in Malaysia there was a big Indian festival. This decoration done with rice was in the hotel foyer.

I loved the colours in the bamboo.

On Sunday we decided to use the trishaw as a means of transport - we actually needed 2 as the seats were rather small - or were our seats rather large???


Wayne in front of me - the trishaws were hired to take us to the ferry but the men came back and collected us and took us around for the rest of the day. Much easier than walking in the heat and they went fast enough to create a bit of breeze - not an easy way to earn a living!

We visited the King's Palace which is now a museum.

Not a typical Malaysian lunch but very nice anyway.

Not sure I'd want this mixture???
The next day we headed back to the KL International Airport and flew back to Australia - another lovely holiday over!

No comments: