About Me

I live in Tasmania with my husband of 40 years and have a daughter in Melbourne and a son in Launceston. My interests are quilting, theatre, reading, gardening, travel. I work as a chartered accountant.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Santorini

The next port of call Santorini one of our favourite places. Lots of doors and gates etc.
Not sure how I managed to get this photo with no tourists in sight because there were plenty there!
Last time I was in Santorini I had lunch with friends at this restaurant - Wayne missed out but that is another story. This time I took Wayne to have lunch here - it requires lots of climbing of stairs but you are rewarded with a lovely view over the Caldera and some lovely food.
We visited a museum displaying some of the pottery etc found on Santorini by the archeologists.
Another colourful house.
And the blue of the Caldera
This was taken from our ship and shows the donkey trail to get to the town - we took the easy route of using the cable car.

No comments: